CAIRNS HINTERLAND STEINER SCHOOL FEES AND CHARGES SCHEDULE 2018
Cairns Hinterland Steiner School is a not-for-profit organisation and all school fees and levies are used for your children’s education and the provision of related facilities. The school endeavours to keep school fees to a minimum affordable level commensurate with the quality of the education it provides and the actual running costs of the school. Fees are reviewed on an annual basis.*
Application fee (Places name on waiting list, if required) $110 per student (includes $10 GST).
Acceptance fee (Confirms acceptance of offer) $250 per student.
The Application fee is payable at the time of submitting enrolment paperwork.
The Acceptance fee is payable upon return of the signed letter of offer. Both fees are one off and non refundable.
|Kindy 4 yr old||Kindy 5 yr old||Primary School – Prep to Class 6||High School – Classes 6 to 10|
|3 days a week (Tues, Wed, Thurs)||4 days a week (Mon – Thurs)||5 days a week||5 days a week|
|Tuition Fees (per student)||$2,980||$3,760||$4,280||$4,820|
|Materials Levy (per student)||$290||$550||$550||$550|
|Capital Works Levy (per family)||$460||$460||$460||$460|
Includes all books, a hat, crayons and crayon bag, chair bag, lyras, pencils, pens, compasses, protractors and other school stationery, handcraft materials, art and music materials, recorder. School camps, incursions and excursions will be invoiced separately. These will be charged on a cost only basis.
Capital Works Levy
This is a compulsory fee per family to support the capital development works of our school for current growth and into the future. This part of the fees is tax deductable.
Our school recognises that school fees can be more difficult for larger families. Sibling discounts are offered to families with more than one child. The eldest child enrolled is considered the first child in every case. Sibling discount applies to the tuition fees only.
- A second child is eligible for a concession of 10%
- A third child is eligible for a concession of 20%
- A fourth child is eligible for a concession of 30%
Due to the demand for places in some of our classes, we may be unable to hold a place for an extended period of time. Under certain circumstances, an abscence of up to one term may be considered, and a holding fee of $600 per child may be charged.
Cessation of enrolment
- A full term’s notice, in writing, is required for any change to your child’s enrolment. Failure to give a term’s notice will result in families being billed for one term’s fees in lieu thereof. Special consideration may be given in some circumstances, but this must be requested in writing.
- Should a child be expelled or suspended from school the current term’s fees remain payable.
At the beginning of the year, each family will receive an invoice for the total fees due for the year (excluding items such as the bus, musical instrument hire and excursions if they are unknown at that time).
- Families will be asked to select one of the following payment plans:
Pay the invoice in full by 28 Feb and get 10% off the tuition fees portion
- Pay in 4 equal instalments with each payment due by the last day of each school term
- Pay monthly (We encourage families to take advantage of our monthly Direct Debit process which is run on
the 20th of each month)
- Pay fortnightly (We offer a Direct Debit option on alternate Thursday’s)
- Pay weekly
- Make ad hoc payments ensuring that at least 1/4 of the annual invoice is paid each term
If invoices are not going to be paid in full at the start of each year or each term, then our preferred payment option is for
parents to set up a Direct Debit arrangement with the school.
Direct Debits are run fortnightly (on a Thursday) and monthly (on the 20th of the month).
Please contact the Business Manager to request a Direct Debit form and to agree the frequency and payment amount.
Alternatively, fees and other charges can be paid by Electronic Funds Transfer.
Our bank account details are NAB:
Name: Cairns Rudolf Steiner School
PLEASE MARK ANY DEPOSITS CLEARLY WITH YOUR FAMILY NAME AND INVOICE NUMBER.
Credit card and Eftpos facilities are available at the school.
Please note, a 1.5% credit card surcharge applies.
If you have any queries regarding fees, or to arrange a payment plan,
please contact the Business Manager via phone or email firstname.lastname@example.org